- worry about one’s own health and the health of loved ones
- changes in sleep and eating patterns
- difficulty sleeping and concentrating
- worsening of chronic physical health problems
- worsening of mental health problems
Manage your symptoms and feelings of stress by:
- taking breaks from the news, including on social media
- eat healthily
- exercise and use deep breathing exercises
- relax and involve yourself in activities you enjoy at home
- connect with loved ones through phone calls, messages, Whatsapp, emails etc.
- be kind to yourself
If you or someone you care about is overwhelmed by sadness, depression or anxiety, please contact Ruleen de Witt on 084 280 9126 and she will put you in touch with one of her counsellors to help you deal with your feelings and problems.