Register on the electronic vaccination data system (EVDS) before going to a vaccination site.
Before entering the vaccination area, you will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms and your blood pressure checked. If you have any signs and symptoms of COVID-19, you will not be vaccinated.
- If you receive a SMS stating the date and time for your appointment, please come on that day. If this is not possible, your appointment will be rescheduled.
- There may be a queue at the site. Please bring a snack and something to drink with you as you may have to wait a while.
- Please wear a mask, sanitise your hands and adhere to the social distancing rules.
- There will be signs at the site explaining where you need to go.
- Parking for cars may be limited at the site. You may be required to walk. Please bring someone to assist if needed.
- If you have any side effects, please report these to a health care facility. You can also use the Med Safety app.
- Vaccination facilities do provide for a limited number of walk-ins but will vaccinate those with bookings first. Walk-ins will be vaccinated if there are sufficient vaccines available on the day.
- If on a medical aid, Clicks Makhanda/Grahamstown is supplying vaccination by appointment.
Compiled by Wendy Wrench, Pharmacist, Settlers Day Hospital, Dept of Health, Makana.
8 June 2021. Above information may change in the future.